Monday, December 22, 2014

A Year in Review

Just like many of you out there, I'm wondering how the year could have gone by so flippin' fast!  I can't believe that there's 10 days including today left in the year.  My cousin posted a list of things she'd done this year and I thought, great idea.  So here are the things that I went through in 2014, list form, without too much induldgence on any one event.

1. Moved into my own apartment (condo) in Chinatown, Oakland.
2. Had three girls stop being my friend based on a rumor.  An untrue rumor.
3. Lost another girl friend because she's obsessed with being a cool kid.
4. Started and stopped seeing someone new, in about a month.
5. Best friend lost my dog.  Then my dog was found.  Worst 24 hours of the year.
6. Had to put my 13 year old cat to sleep.  Still miss and cry for him.
7. Took a road trip to San Diego and LA and had the best pizza and spent time with a good friend.
8. Moved in to my first home.  MY first home.
9. Got to do the job that I've wanted for the last two years.  Then left it for something better.
10. Officially ended any sort of relationship with my ex fiancé.
11. Traveled to Atlanta for the 2014 Midtown Music Festival.
12. Hosted my first Holiday Party.
13. Saw Steve Miller Band & Journey at the Shoreline.
14. Started dating.
15. Stopped driving to work daily.
16. Started having an opinion on political issues.
17. Saw my favorite childhood friend more.
18. Traveled to Las Vegas for Life is Beautiful 2015.
19. Had two very close friends sleep with each other and keep it a secret at a time when trust was the most important thing to me.
20. Lost a friend to alcoholism.
21. Reconnected with maternal family.
22. Learned about boundaries.
23. Learned that women who cheat on their husbands, boyfriends and fiancés and keep friendships secret are not to be trusted.
24. Saw Kendra Morris at the Brick & Mortar (my second show there this year.)
25. Went to the Scrapbook Expo with a good friend as an annual tradition for the last time.
26. Went to the Dicken's Faire!
27. Reconnected with an old friend and went to Six Flags, just like the old days.  Forgiveness is beautiful.
28. Went to Hawaii with family.  First. Time. Ever.  And fell in love.
29. Finally got to see one of my besties on my turf.  And play tourist in SF for a day, and night.
30. Asked for help.
31. Went to Reno, three times.
32. Was surprised with a trip to see HGTV's Dream Home.
33. Had many a happy hour with co-workers.  People I consider family.
34. Spent my first father's day with my dad, and my two Lewis-brothers.  Magical.
35. Drank too much.
36. Saw Kid Ink at the Fillmore.
37. Was flown to Austin for my company holiday party where I saw Jennifer Hudson and Incubus at the Austin Executive Airport.
38. Went to my first Warriors game.
39. Went to a Giant's game.
40. Toured the Levis Stadium.
41. Saw Lilly Allen at the Fox Theater.
42. Saw new Beat Fund, RdGldGrn and Aer at Slim's.
43. Went on an Instagram hosted photo "walk".
44. Finally went to the Presidio's Pet Cemetery.
45. Saw Wallpaper. at the Independent.
46. Finally saw my friend perform in the Mission Street Parade.
47. Saw Lorde & Sara Bareilles at the Greek Theater. (Not together)
48. Saw Jaded Inc. at the Chapel.
49. Went to the Genentech Gives Back concert: Natasha Beddingfield, Usher, Foo Fighters? 
50. Became the owner of a Prada purse.  Thanks new company!

And these are just some of the things I've done this year.  I went through some challenging times this year and as usual came out stronger and wiser.  2015, I'm so ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment